Re: [gedit-list] i'm new in gedit project, how to start ?

Hi,

> Hello, i'm Eduardo, i'm a student of science computationals and new in the
> open source projects and i'm interested in contribuite in some open source
> project for learn the form of work in these project, course i would like
> contribute in the development of somes plugins of gedit or in the software,
> but would ask of their help, for that i can orient of the best form, i
> downloaded and read the gedit project and visit the web site of gedit and
> gnome, but can you recommend some document, web site, manual, etc?, in which
> view some abuot structure of Gedit and how do plugins .... for to begin with
> study project ....

If you want to work on gedit, you could also search for reported bugs
in gedit in gnome bugzilla [1]. Maybe you will find some bug you are
interested to work in. You also can find the developers in IRC
(irc.gnome.org or gimp.net I think) on the channel #gedit.  I am
fairly new to gedit development and I can say that the main developers
 and maintainers are nice and very helpful!

More comments inline.

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Derek Veit <dv8box-nabble yahoo com> wrote:
> Explore all of the links on this page:
> http://live.gnome.org/Gedit
>
> Among other things it includes a class diagram of gedit and how-to guides
> for writing plugins in C or Python.

Derek is right, most of the info about developement is in
live.gnome.org/Gedit. However, I should mention that the pages about
plugins will be outdated in October with the Gnome 3.0 release since
then Gedit will depend on libpeas  (a plugin library). For small
plugins, porting is not too hard, but it's good to keep in mind this
info.

Greetings,

José