[gedit-list] Can't install new gedit plugins in CentOS

I thought it should be simple...

I followed the directions on line :

"
put the files in either the system-wide plugins directory /usr/lib/gedit-2/plugins/, or in the user plugins directory, which may need to be created, ~/.gnome2/gedit/plugins/
"

eg, I copied the file for codecomment(from the gedit-plugins package) to both(either) of the two directories above, but none of them works. I also tried other plugins and chmod the file & directories to 755, still can't load new plugins after restart gedit..

Thanks for the help~

Xi