Re: [gedit-list] Plugins: signal handler when a new line is inserted

On 08/13/2010 03:20 PM, Derek Veit wrote:
> Spaces can end up on the ends of lines in all sorts of ways, e.g.
> copy-and-pasting text or erasing the newline of a line with
> indentation.  I think an easier, safer, and more reliable approach would
> be to strip all trailing spaces and tabs when the file is saved.  I
> think there might even be some plugin that already does this.

Yes, there is a plugin for that. I checked.

This was not really what I was talking about. I prefer keep trailing
spaces where I did not modified the file for various reasons. One of
these reasons is that in some cases I might want to have a trailing
space and not having it removed silently on file save.

The same way, I use a plugin to show the spaces as grey dots. I care
about my spaces.

I don't like the editor changing the file silently.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────