Re: [gedit-list] Problems Editing Code

Unfortunately, those are the same steps I've been following, only I haven't been specifying libdir. Is it necessary to run make and then make install one right after another every time?

Anyway, my problem remains. The only things I've been able to see noticeable changes for are gedit.c and gedit-debug.c. I want to work in gedit-commands-search.c, but I can't get anything to show noticeable changes. For example, I change line 142 to make it show "%s no found" instead of "%s not found" when one searches and finds something wrong, simply so I can see something different. I run "make;make install" and it appears to compile and update the proper files, but when I test it nothing has changed! I've done similar experiments where I remove the interiors of functions. They compile, generally give me warnings, and when I run tests on the executable everything seems unmoved by what I thought were drastic changes.