Re: [gedit-list] Tips for Python/HTML

Thanks guys - your suggestions have been helpful.

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Curtis Hovey <sinzui.is@verizon.net> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 21:45 -0700, Matthew Miles Clark wrote:
> Hi All -
>

> I'm new to gedit and am doing mostly Django development.  I'd welcome
> any tips on how to configure the editor for python, HTML, _javascript_,
> etc.  There are a variety of plugins out there - what are people
> finding useful?

I use gedit-class-browser which provides a side panels of tags to the
current file. It spits out a lot on nonsense to stdout though.

I wrote gedit-developer-plugins (https://launchpad.net/gdp/) which
provides:
     * Syntax completion for python and xml-based markup.
     * Text formatting tools
             * Reflow test and imports per PEP 8
             * Reformat doctests per PEP 8
             * Syntax and Style checking using PEP 8, pylfakes, XML
               parsing
     * Multi-file find and replace.
     * Bazaar DVCS

If you are a Debian/Ubuntu user you can get the both sets of plugins
from my archive https://launchpad.net/~sinzui/+archive/ppa.

These plugins are used by a few Launchpad and Ubuntu One engineers.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.