Re: [gedit-list] Tips for Python/HTML

On Fri, 2010-04-16 at 21:45 -0700, Matthew Miles Clark wrote:
> Hi All -
>

> I'm new to gedit and am doing mostly Django development.  I'd welcome
> any tips on how to configure the editor for python, HTML, Javascript,
> etc.  There are a variety of plugins out there - what are people
> finding useful?

I use gedit-class-browser which provides a side panels of tags to the
current file. It spits out a lot on nonsense to stdout though.

I wrote gedit-developer-plugins (https://launchpad.net/gdp/) which
provides:
      * Syntax completion for python and xml-based markup.
      * Text formatting tools
              * Reflow test and imports per PEP 8
              * Reformat doctests per PEP 8
              * Syntax and Style checking using PEP 8, pylfakes, XML
                parsing
      * Multi-file find and replace.
      * Bazaar DVCS

If you are a Debian/Ubuntu user you can get the both sets of plugins
from my archive https://launchpad.net/~sinzui/+archive/ppa.

These plugins are used by a few Launchpad and Ubuntu One engineers.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.