Re: [gedit-list] Dinamic Link Library LIBASPELL-15.DLL not found (Solution?)

> Re: [gedit-list] Dinamic Link Library LIBASPELL-15.DLL not found:
> msg#00014
>
> Hi due to this problem with libaspell we decided to disable the spell
> check plugin, so in latest versions you will not have this problem
> but neither the plugin. Hope we will find a solution soon.
>
> Regards.

Hello. Please do not disable the plugin. This is an issue with the name
of the Aspell Win32 DLL which is named aspell-15.dll *not*
libaspell-15.dll that Gedit Win32 is looking for.

By making a copy of aspell-15.dll and keeping it in the Aspell bin
directory, giving it the name libaspell-15.dll - spelling checks in
Gedit Win32 port works fine after that, 100%

Make sure that PATH points to the Aspell bin directory too.

If anything, make Gedit to look for aspell-15.dll and not
libaspell-15.dll and everything will work properly as expected.

Regards, Mike Dee

> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Bettini Fabio
> <f bettini xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve just installed the Win32 binary version of gEdit
> (gedit-setup-2.26.2-1.exe) in my Windows XP PC which  uses Italian
> language and keyboard.
>
> All seems working fine with one exception. The spell checker doesn’t
> work and it is unable to find a .dll library which is apparently
> missing.

> The error that I receive is:

See error msg here:
<http://osdir.com/ml/gedit-list/2009-08/msg00014.html>