Re: [gedit-list] Autocomplete HTML/XML tags?

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 08:41 +1000, Russell Dickenson wrote:
> Does anyone know of an way in which I can have gedit autocomplete
> HTML/XML tags?  I have tried a plugin named XML Helper and it does
> what I need but only when a hotkey is pressed.  The behaviour I want
> is what's currently offered by SciTE, which inserts the closing tag as
> soon as you complete the opening tag, and the cursor is shifted to
> between the opening and closing tag.

I intend to extend the gdp syntax completer plugin to support a specific
set of completion that I want:

      * When starting an open tag, suggest elements that are already
        used
      * When in a tag, suggest attributes that are already used
      * When closing a tag, suggest the current open elements

I think this what you are asking for. I was not planning to start this
until November though :(

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.