Re: [gedit-list] what is the keyboards accelerators policy in gedit?

Il giorno ven, 08/05/2009 alle 11.32 +1000, Khalid Ghalib ha scritto:
> Hi Gedit Team,
>
> Good Morning,
>
> As you all know, I am in process of translating gedit into URDU, so
> there are some issues which I need to address all the times.
>
> I request you all to let me know "what is the keyboards accelerators
> policy in gedit?". Because in the main menu of gedit, some starting
> alphabets of both English and Urdu languages are same. For example, in
> File drop down menu of gedit "Save" and "Save As" are starting with
> same charactors of English, on the otherhand, it is also same in Urdu
> Language.
>
> I can use second charactor "A"  like in "Save As" but it should be
> clear by policy. I would be thankful to you all if someone can clear
> this to me.

Hi Khalid,

	I do not think there is a clear policy about it, at least not that I
know of. The important thing is that there are no conflicts for items in
the same menu. Apart from that, letters at the start of the word are
preferred when possible.

If there are other applications already translated to your language, I
also suggest to be consistent with them, at least for standard menu
items like "save" etc. As a matter of fact the strings for "stock" menu
items (save, save as, print, etc) come from GTK, so you may need to
translate them there.

Ciao
	Paolo