Re: [gedit-list] Translation of Gedit into URDU Language

Hi I would suggest you to ask to your language coordinator http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ur
so he can tellyou what you should translate and how coordinate the work.

Regards.

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Khalid Ghalib <u4382444 anu edu au> wrote:

Hi Gedit Team,

I hope this email will find you all in good health. My name is Khaid Sharif Ghalib and I am studying in Master of Computing at Australian National University, Canberra. I started above project few weeks ago. Sorry, I am late to introduce this project.

URDU language is wide spoken language of sub-continent. The literacy rate in this continent is prominently less as compared to other regions of the World. But it is noticeable that people of this region are very keen to learn computer technology in their own language. English language is one of the big hurdles in their motivation. I have also worked in Education Department for more than 8 years in that region. I came to know the intensity of this problem through different seminars, conferences and visits made to rural remote areas.

With this view, I thought I should start from Gedit and do my best to translate as many softwares as I can in my future career. I will be thankful to you all if you all can assist me whenever, it is required.

Kind regards,

Khalid Sharif Ghalib