Re: [gedit-list] How about a stand alone version of gedit

Il giorno lun, 23/03/2009 alle 14.31 +0100, Marco-Alexander Laspe ha
scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I have an idea/question about gedit would it possible to compile gedit
> that it runs without a whole gnome-desktop around it. The same way as
> opera runs on any X-server without qt.
> I ask because I have serious trouble to get gedit 2.26 running on my
> Ubuntu Hardy and actually I don't want to upgrade to whole desktop,
> I just want to use the newest version of gedit.
>
> Would this be possible?

gedit does not need a full gnome desktop. The only dependencies are gtk
+, glib and GConf (well, and gtksourceview, but can be almost considered
a part of gedit itself). The only problem I see with Hardy is that it
does not ship a version of gtk and glib new enough, but you can easily
install them in a separate prefix.

Paolo