Re: [gedit-list] Help me on adding a new syntax highlight to gedit

desyX wrote:
Hi,all.
   I have recently added xxx.lang to the directory
/usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs, expecting a new syntax
highlight. But the newly added highlight only shows up when I am in the root
account, and I cannot find the new hightlight when I use gedit in my normal
account. I guess there is sth wrong in my gedit confgure file, but I cannot
fix it.
  Could any be kind to give me suggestions? thanks in advance.
You probably created the file with root and it now has read permissions only for root? Try doing chmod a+r /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/xxx.lang. Alternatively, if it's just for your user, put the file in ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/

Jesse