[gedit-list] Help me on adding a new syntax highlight to gedit

Hi,all.
   I have recently added xxx.lang to the directory
/usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs, expecting a new syntax
highlight. But the newly added highlight only shows up when I am in the root
account, and I cannot find the new hightlight when I use gedit in my normal
account. I guess there is sth wrong in my gedit confgure file, but I cannot
fix it.
  Could any be kind to give me suggestions? thanks in advance.