[gedit-list] [Fwd: gedit-plugins and classbrowser plugin]

--- Begin Message ---
(I'm sending this again because Steve's address was wrong)

Hello,
I'm a Gnome (through Ubuntu) user and a programmer... so in my life the
gedit classbrowser plugin ([0]) has become fundamental since the day I
discovered it.

It's a nice GPLed python plugin to browse code. It is better than the
only alternative I found [1] in the fact that the recognized parts of
code are nested in an ordered tree instead than just listed.

In Debian/Ubuntu, the gedit plugins come in a standard package
(gedit-plugins) and I'd obviously love to have the classbrowser bundled
in.

So, though the page of GnomePlugins says [2] "If you developed a plugin
which you think would be a candidate for inclusion" and though I
personally developed absolutely nothing, I'm asking you both (the
developer of the plugin and a GeditPlugins staff member) if the
inclusion of classbrowser in GnomePlugins can happen.

The only argument I could see against is the dependency on
exuberant-ctags... but it's a very small library easily available.

(BTW, if there is a problem with this inclusion, I'll try to just
package the plugin alone for Debian)

thanks

Pietro Battiston

[0] http://www.stambouliote.de/projects/gedit_plugins.html