Re: [gedit-list] Plugin priority

Op 28 feb 2009, om 09:14 heeft Jon Walsh het volgende geschreven:

Hi,

I've recently created a new plugin (Multi-edit), but it's currently mildly conflicting with "smart spaces".

I was wondering if there's anyway to set a plugins priority? i.e. Which plugin handles an event first (assuming they don't pass on the event).

There is not, plugins should not use the same key bindings (at least not the well known ones). Something I also noticed with Multi-edit was that Ctrl+Shift+arrow was overriden, severly disrupting my workflow (I had to turn the plugin off).

I'm guessing a solution might be to connect to the "event" signal that is triggered before any of the more specific events. Though that's still assuming the previous plugin hasn't done the same thing.

Yeah, you should pick other key bindings :( It's a problem in general since more and more plugins use keybindings next to all the bindings that already are taken by either gedit itself or gtk+.

Also: Does anyone know where I can find a reference for gtk.keysyms?

Actually, I usually just look in the gdkkeysyms header file, maybe there are better ways though.

Thanks,
Jon