Re: [gedit-list] Problem with HTML-Tidy Gedit Plugin

Il giorno mer, 11/02/2009 alle 14.01 -0800, elomarns ha scritto:

> I'm trying to use the HTML-Tidy Gedit Plugin, but I can't enable it.
> It's on my plugin list, but when I try mark its box it turns to gray
>
> Searching on the Web, I've found a thread on Ubuntu Foruns (I'm using
> Ubuntu 8.04) where the same problem is related. In this thread, the
> author of plugin said:
>
>          Hello,
>
>         Short answer: Please retry now - I corrected this. Longer
>         answer: The plugin was trying to import a python tidy
>         *library* which wasn't installed on your system. This library
>         was not really needed, and the fact that the plugin was trying
>         to import it - is a bug.
>
>         By the way: I wrote this plugin, but ran into your bug report
>         by accident (and much after you posted it. In the future, you
>         might perhaps try to file a bug report for gedit, or write
>         this mailing list:
>         http://www.nabble.com/Gnome---Gedit-f1420.html
>
>         Bye,
>
>         Ami
>

> Unfortunely, the problem remains, at least for me, as the plugin
> produces the same error message. Can someone help me with this?

I hope the author of the plugin will notice the mail and respond since I
do not know this plugin. What I can advise to do is run gedit from a
terminal and activate the plugin so that you can see the error massages
printed by the plugin itself.

Ciao
	Paolo