[gedit-list] Please make the "new version" go away!

Hey there,
I started using gedit in Windows after having fallen in love with it in Ubuntu.  The problem is there's a persistent message with no option to disable it at the top of every instance of gedit I open. . . There is a new version of gedit when I have the latest version available.

I've tried to find some way to disable the notification, but there aren't any options I know of.  So I'm wondering if this can be added ("Don't check for new versions") to the options menu and how to disable this message.

Thanks!