Re: [gedit-list] GtkSourceCompletion

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 21:21 +0200, perriman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I'll reopen the GtkSourceCompletion library again while the gedit team
> decide include a completion solution to gtksourceview. I will not
> develop more changes in the gtksourceview repository and the new changes
> will be do it in the GtkSourceCompletion library. My gedit plugins will
> be developed using the GtkSourceCompletion library too because we go
> very slow in the gsc and gsv integration and I don't get the feedback I
> want to continue with the integration. I know you are very busy and you
> can do what you want but I cannot wait to the integration and I need to
> advance.

Hi Perriman,

	I am obviously very sorry that we were not able to finish the
integration and I think your choice to restart development of the
separate library is a good choice for now. We'll see if in the next
cycle things will go better, but in the mean time having the code out
and used is definitely a good thing.
My only suggestion is to keep using a separate prefix for the function
names and where possible to use in gtksourcecompletion the changes that
were made while working on the integration this cycle.

Thanks for all your work,

	Paolo