[gedit-list] gedit cannot handle file: locations in write mode.

Hello! Would anyone be able to provide me with information about this error message:
"gedit cannot handle file: locations in write mode."

I found that this error is triggered when the internal error is G_IO_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED:
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gedit/tree/gedit/gedit-io-error-message-area.c#n230

I'm getting this error on Ubuntu 9.04 while trying to save a file opened on a mounted CIFS share. The CIFS share is being served by Nexenta 2.0 (Ubuntu with a Solaris kernel).

I do not believe permissions are the issue, as editing the same file with vim and nano work just fine.

Could anyone provide me with more information about the origin of this error? Thank you!

--

Craig Younkins
Website/Blog