[gedit-list] hidding bottom panel

Dear all, sorry for the basic question, but it would really help me a lot. I
have a very specifi use of gedit (with  ubuntu), I would like to disable the
bottom panel

(I type some commands with gedit, and execute some external software with a
gedit script). Once it has been executed, the output is dispayed on a new
document on gedit, and each time the bottom panel is open).

It is of concern for me since I use a very small screen (netbook). So if you
could help me remove that bottom panel it would be great.

thanks

nicolas