Re: [gedit-list] Dynamically reload a language specification

Xiaoqiang Zhou wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to create an language specification for scala.

Is there any way to reload my language specification without restarting gedit so that I can view the effect of my modification quickly and easily.
Unfortunately no. The easiest 'fix' is to run gedit with a different TMPDIR like so:

TMPDIR=/tmp/gedit gedit

This will spawn a new instance instead of reusing the existing gedit instance.

Thanks.