[gedit-list] gedit and all dependancies for solaris 9 on a read-only nfs partition

Ih all,

I'm trying to build gedit-2.26.0 :

- on a solaris 9 sparc Sun-Fire-V890
- all the installations files need to be executed from a read-only NFS shared directory /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version
- the prefix of all installations is /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/
- so the config files are in /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/etc
- so the var files are in /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/var

My questions are:
> Is it possible to have Gconf, ORbit, dbus, scrollkeeper configuration files out of /etc ( I need to have them here: /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/etc/ )
> Can I build gedit without ORbit, Gconf, dbus, dbus-glib, scrollkeeper, sgml-common, docbook, gnome-vfs, bonobo ?

> /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/etc and /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/var could be a problem for a good working of GConf , dbus, etc... ?

Actually I have build ALL these dependancies from sources and install in a /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/ :

Code:
# pkg-config --list-all
gmodule-no-export-2.0 GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
pango                 Pango - Internationalized text handling
render                Render - Render extension headers
libpcre               libpcre - PCRE - Perl compatible regular expressions C library
cairo                 cairo - Multi-platform 2D graphics library
renderproto           RenderProto - Render extension headers
xrender               Xrender - X Render Library
dbus-glib-1           dbus-glib - GLib integration for the free desktop message bus
cairo-ft              cairo-ft - FreeType font backend for cairo graphics library
libpng                libpng - Loads and saves PNG files
glib-2.0              GLib - C Utility Library
cairo-png             cairo-png - PNG functions for cairo graphics library
libpng12              libpng - Loads and saves PNG files
gmodule-export-2.0    GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
gdk-pixbuf-xlib-2.0   GdkPixbuf Xlib - GdkPixbuf rendering for Xlib
libxslt               libxslt - XSLT library version 2.
dbus-1                dbus - Free desktop message bus
gtk+-unix-print-2.0   GTK+ - GTK+ Unix print support
gobject-2.0           GObject - GLib Type, Object, Parameter and Signal Library
pangocairo            Pango Cairo - Cairo rendering support for Pango
libexslt              libexslt - EXSLT Extension library
gmodule-2.0           GModule - Dynamic module loader for GLib
libgsf-1              libgsf-1 - A library for reading and writing structured files (eg MS OLE and Zip)
gnome-doc-utils       gnome-doc-utils - GNOME Documentation Utilities
atk                   Atk - Accessibility Toolkit
ORBit-CosNaming-2.0   ORBit-CosNaming-2.0 - High-performance CORBA Object Request Broker - Naming Service.
cairo-ps              cairo-ps - PostScript surface backend for cairo graphics library
xml2po                xml2po - Tool for translating XML documents
libcroco-0.6          libcroco - a CSS2 Parsing and manipulation Library in C.
libIDL-2.0            libIDL - IDL parsing library
libxml-2.0            libXML - libXML library version2.
ORBit-2.0             ORBit-2.0 - High-performance CORBA Object Request Broker.
gconf-2.0             gconf - GNOME Config System.
gdk-x11-2.0           GDK - GTK+ Drawing Kit (x11 target)
cairo-xlib            cairo-xlib - Xlib surface backend for cairo graphics library
ORBit-idl-2.0         ORBit-idl-2.0 - ORBit-2.0 IDL Compiler Backend Interface
ORBit-imodule-2.0     ORBit-imodule-2.0 - ORBit runtime typelib generation service.
icon-naming-utils     icon-naming-utils - Utilities for mapping legacy GNOME and KDE icon names to the new Icon Naming Specification
pangoft2              Pango FT2 and Pango Fc - Freetype 2.0 and fontconfig font support for Pango
gio-unix-2.0          GIO unix specific APIs - unix specific headers for glib I/O library
gthread-2.0           GThread - Thread support for GLib
fontconfig            Fontconfig - Font configuration and customization library
gdk-2.0               GDK - GTK+ Drawing Kit (x11 target)
libpcrecpp            libpcrecpp - PCRECPP - C++ wrapper for PCRE
freetype2             FreeType 2 - A free, high-quality, and portable font engine.
pangox                Pango X - X Window System font support for Pango
gtksourceview-2.0     gtksourceview - GTK+ 2.0 Source Editing Widget
gtk+-x11-2.0          GTK+ - GTK+ Graphical UI Library (x11 target)
gtk+-2.0              GTK+ - GTK+ Graphical UI Library (x11 target)
pixman-1              Pixman - The pixman library (version 1)
cairo-pdf             cairo-pdf - PDF surface backend for cairo graphics library
gdk-pixbuf-2.0        GdkPixbuf - Image loading and scaling
gio-2.0               GIO - glib I/O library
cairo-svg             cairo-svg - SVG surface backend for cairo graphics library
cairo-xlib-xrender    cairo-xlib-xrender - Xlib Xrender surface backend for cairo graphics library
gnome-icon-theme      gnome-icon-theme - A collection of icons used as the basis for GNOME themes
gail                  Gail - GNOME Accessibility Implementation Library

I think that GConf ORbit, dbus, scrollkeeper dont work fine from the custom nfs directory

Code:
EGG_SMCLIENT_CFLAGS="-I/usr/openwin/include" EGG_SMCLIENT_LIBS="-L/usr/openwin/lib -lSM -lICE" ../configure --prefix=/nfs/Produits/tmp/nicolas/test/gedit/build --disable-schemas-install --disable-spell --disable-static

I can build gedit and start it but I 've problems with GConf, dbus, scrollkeeper or sgml-common ?

Code:
(gedit:9493): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'system-file-manager'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

** (gedit:9493): WARNING **: Could not load theme icon system-file-manager: Icon 'system-file-manager' not present in theme

** (gedit:9493): WARNING **: Default style scheme 'classic' cannot be found, falling back to 'classic' style scheme

** (gedit:9493): WARNING **: Style scheme 'classic' cannot be found, check your GtkSourceView installation.

(gedit:19623): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type
(gedit:19623): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

system-file-manager are in /nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/share/icons/gnome/<*>/apps/system-file-manager. *

styles are in :
/nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/share/gtksourceview-2.0/styles/*.xml
/nfs/Produits/.../glib/version/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/*.lang

thanks for your help

	Nicolas Vergnes
	Produits & Logiciels