[gedit-list] Open selected URL in Firefox

I have been using a gedit tool to persuade gedit to open a URL found in a selected line of text. I'd like to know if it works for anyone else.

<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/gedit/Firefox>  8 kB

should deliver a text file that is a perl script suitable for installation in gedit's tools directory. I have taken some time to prepare instructions which are in the form of comments in the source and text following the __END__ of the script.

Open it with gedit and have a look. You don't need to be proficient with perl.

--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--