Re: [gedit-list] syntax highlighting for Igor Pro

Dear Durand, you can create syntax highlighting rules for any language by creating an XML file with the appropriate name. Go to /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/ (at least that's where I have to go on my machine) or search for files which end with .lang and go into their folder. There you can create your own file, presumably call it something like igor_pro.lang and specify the highlighting rules. The easiest way to do this is to open an existing .lang file and to edit that accordingly. I don't know Igor Pro, but for example the rules for GAP, a mathematics package, are shipped with gedit, so you can try to take that as a template. Finally, this post might be helpful to get you started: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=736843

--
Personal webpage: http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~ac528/