[gedit-list] 2.24.0 installation problem on Hardy

Hello,

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 with the last kernel.
I followed the basic installation described in the README file but
the ./configure command doesn't create a makefile.
However it created Makefile.in and Makefile.am

Here is the dump of the .configure command :

jack jack-desktop:~/Desktop/gedit-2.24.0$ ./configure
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for gconftool-2... /usr/bin/gconftool-2
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for intltool >= 0.35.0... ./configure: line 3803:
intltool-update: command not found
 found
configure: error: Your intltool is too old.  You need intltool 0.35.0 or
later.
jack jack-desktop:~/Desktop/gedit-2.24.0$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Thanks for helping.
Nik