Re: [gedit-list] Help customizing gEdit! (shortkeys, icon, etc.)

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:37:26 -0700 (PDT), macco <macco gmx net> wrote:

> 1 - http://empty.23inch.de/pmwiki.php/Main/EditShortcuts
I don't think this actually works for navigating the notebook because these
shortcuts are Gtk+ wide, but I might be mistaken here.

> 2 - Doesn't it save the folder when closing gedit?
Yes, the filebrowser plugin stores the folder when it is changed and
reopens the filebrowser at this location when gedit is started. It also
tries to be smart and open the filebrowser at the location of the first
opened file in gedit. There is no clean way to have it always started in
some default directory, but there is a possible hack involving gconf. What
you could do is make some gedit startup script which first sets
/apps/gedit-2/plugins/filebrowser/open_at_first_doc=FALSE and
/apps/gedit-2/plugins/filebrowser/on_load/root=file:/// and
/apps/gedit-2/plugins/filebrowser/on_load/virtual_root=file:///var/www.
Then start gedit as normal. You could also maybe write a plugin which does
this for you when exiting gedit or something, but they are all pretty dirty
hacks :)

> 3 - I think this is not possible, but I am not so sure.
gedit uses the themable icon 'accessories-text-editor', so I guess if you
change that icon in your current theme, gedit would pick it up.