Re: [gedit-list] Runtime Errors On Windows

Il giorno sab, 29/03/2008 alle 00.42 -0600, Steven Zimmer ha scritto:
> Actually i've solved my own problem, gedit was just looking for
> gedit-ui.xml like the warning says. I have a really hacked version of
> gedit running in windows now! I will now work on coding in the missing
> bits to bring up the functionality fully. Is there a command line
> argument to tell gedit where to look for its gedit-ui.xml file?

no, there isn't... a command line option doesn't make much sense, the
file is a needed part of gedit in the same way as a .so or .dll would be
and you do not specify that on the command line. You may want to look at
what all the other gtk apps ported to windows do with glade files etc.

> I will be updating the wiki with instructions either tonight or
> tomorrow evening.
>
> How exciting i finally get to code rather that try to build the damn thing!

Rock on Steven! This is awesome... don't forget to attach screenies to
the wiki :-)