Re: [gedit-list] GtkSourceCompletion and GtkSnippets

Thanks for your opinion, Joseph!

I comment all points:

El lun, 24-03-2008 a las 19:08 -0400, Joseph Method escribió:
> This is really cool. It took me a while to realize that gtksnippets is
> the program and gsnippets is the supporting library.It would be nice
> to have all the currently supported gedit snippets already in
> gtksnippets (of course). A couple user opinions:
>
> * the completion popups should be sized to the output

* I'm thinking about but if I resize the completion popup then the info
popup is very small. GtkSourceCompletion supports various pages with
different completion and, if the second page has 10 item and the first
page has 2 items, i don't know if resize the popup to the first or
second page size... I think is better with a fixed size by now

> * they should disappear when the completion popup loses focus (this
> might be a user preference)

* I think GtkSourceCompletion disappear when lost focus. If not this is
a bug :)

> * the languages in gtksnippets aren't in alphabetical order

* I will change it. It is the first version of GtkSnippets and I need to
do some user interface changes

> * I'm not sure about the new dialog with snippets. I think I prefer
> tabbing through the positions in place. At the very least, editing the
> snippet template shouldn't be in the list of tab positions, since the
> point is to tab through and press enter. The snippet template editing
> editor steals the tab presses, forcing you to use the mouse.

* I will develop another vars-parser that replace all vars in place but
I need finish the current dialog first. You are right, the tab order
will change.

> I hope this makes it into Gnome once it's mature.

* Me too ;)