[gedit-list] A bug? and a minor problem

Hello,
I was wondering if the fact that I can't cut and paste a piece of text
from a gedit created file to something like Mozilla or Abiword and
maintain the layout is a bug or not. It is a nuisance though.
I am using a stock gedit from Debian Sarge with Mozilla and
Abiword2.2.7 from the same distro. I do some writing in Hangeul한글
(Korean) and it seems the tab spacings are the main problem.
The other thing is the amount of space taken up by all the toolbars
etc. They don't seem to have the capability of being removed as in
Mozilla. They are obviously handy when setting up a file but then I
find I am mostly writing or entering data and don't need them at all.
Gnumeric is probably the worst program for this. Is there a preference
option I haven't seen?
Sorry if the above is a display of ignorance.
You can tell what I use on my system all the time though :)

Cheers
James