Re: [gedit-list] sidebar

Hi there,

multiple panels would be nice! But I would appreciate if gedit became more flexible and modern. I mean, a method get_left_panel() is nonsense in times where we have drag'n drop panels available. Please use them and think about methods like
register_panel_view(view : GtkWidget) : ViewId
and
unregister_panel_view(id : ViewId)

Otherwise it's not really evolutionary ;-)

Regards,
Michael

Eckhard M. Jäger wrote:

Sounds great!

Because now its called gedit_window_get_side_panel this should be marked
deprecated and changed to gedit_window_get_[left_panel/right_panel]
imho :-) I am not sure main maintainers like that.

That's evolution and the way it goes on other projects too.

Ich darf kein Eintrittsgeld für’s Klo verlangen.

C _) | ,_/ Linux for Designers - http://my.opera.com/area42/blog/
|   /           SweeTS delicious Typo3 development - http://typo3.area42.de/
/ \