[gedit-list] building local version of gedit

Hi,

I am currently using SuSE SLED and unfortuenetly I would like to upgrade to a newer version of gedit, sled ships with 2.12, I think. Anyways it seems that gtksourveview and others are older revs then what is required for 2.20.x.

Could someone point me to instructions on how I could build gedit in a local folder such that I don't overwrite the version installed by the OS and preserve older version of dependencies.

Thanks.
Don