Re: [gedit-list] New Project Manager plugin

Yeah I tried the project manager too and you're right it's lacking several things. And your ideas seems good, but they go in the direction of something big like eclipse. And as an eclipse user at work and a gedit user at home I must admit that when coding with gedit I miss some of the nice integrated functionalities of eclipse.

But (cause there is always a but) in my mind you should make a nautilus plugin to use nautilus for managing projects. And you'll open you files in gedit with this modified nautilus. For me it makes more sense to have svn support in the file browser (like tortoise), and I think someone is working on integrating mercurial (and maybe others) in nautilus for his google summer of code. IMHO, a project is about having some files, browsing them and searching in them, gedit is pretty far from that, nautilus is already damn close.

Also I like the idea of having several programs for several tasks, if I didn't I would be using eclipse at home ;)

Well it's just an idea if you decide to go for a gedit plugin I'll probably use it !

Good luck anyway ! I want something like this !