Re: [gedit-list] Commenting out a chunk of code?

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 13:00:01 -0400, Curtis Hovey scripst:

> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 17:19 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:51:40 -0400, Curtis Hovey scripst:
>> > Enable Code comments to use <Control>M/<Control><Shift>M to change
>> > blocks of code.
>>
>> But that doesn't work for me with Python.
>
> Interesting. I've been using the plugin for a few years now. I've never
> seen it fail in the 9 or more versions of Gedit I've used. I can image
> two ways in which the plugin would fail:
>
> 1. Gedit does not know the type of document you are editing. I assume
> syntax highlighting works for you. You can always check the document
> type issue by explicitly setting the type Highlight mode from the menu.
> You can also test with other document types too, like a shell script.
>
> 2. Something else is bound is <Control>M. I think that too is unlikely
> since I don't think you were using any plugins before now. I suppose the
> window manager could be stealing it. If your using GNOME, check the
> Keyboard Shortcuts preferences panel.

Yes, it has Python highlighting selected. And it doesn't matter what key
shortcuts I use, the items in menu are greyed out, so I don't think it is
a matter of keyboard.

Matej

--
The content of this message is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 License, Some Rights Reserved.