Re: [gedit-list] Commenting out a chunk of code?

On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 13:25 +0200, Francesc Altet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a long time emacs user, and I'm evaluating some other alternatives
> for my daily Python programming (my fingers are getting a bit upset
> about all the ^C^another_key^another_one ;).
>
> Until now, I'm quite happy of having found gEdit.  The only thing that
> I'm very much missing is commenting out (and uncommenting) a selected
> block of code.  Is there a way of doing this easily?
>
> Thanks!
>
> PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so if you can CC me, I'd be
> grateful!

I use Gedit for hacking in Python everyday. You can enable (and possibly
install) several plugins (Edit > Preferences > Plugins)to make working
with code easier. Most of these will also help with other languages.

Enable Code comments to use <Control>M/<Control><Shift>M to change
blocks of code.

I use Snippets (for template-type completion) and External tools (for
project management)

I installed both the Class Browser plugin and enabled the File Browser
Pane to work with source packages.

--

__C U R T I S  C.  H O V E Y_______
Guilty of stealing everything I am.