[gedit-list] Home key doesn't go to the first non-whitespace character

Hello,

I've been using jEdit for a while but I've increasingly been frustrated by its slowness, so I thought it was time I found another text editor. I use gedit every day but mainly for little stuff like editing and looking simple text files, but never any hardcore programming. Why? Because of one thing: the Home key doesn't go to the first non-whitespace character like it does in almost every other programming editor out there. Surely I'm not the first to raise this issue, but I'm just puzzled as to why the gedit developers would neglect to implement a tiny but very important feature. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get this functionality?

-- Elliot Winkler