Re: [gedit-list] Gedit as an html editor

Steve Frécinaux wrote:

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 09:47 -0700, Micah Carrick wrote:
I put together some notes on how I setup gedit for use as a web
development editor. If anyone is interested: Customizing gedit as a
Web Developer’s IDE

Great post. Anyway, did you know that
 - with gedit 2.20+ you can create a theme for your colours instead of
   customizing the colours in gconf ?
 - with gedit 2.18+ you can share external tools you create by copying
   the relevant files in ~/.gnome2/gedit/tools ?

   Hello,

   Very nice post, IMHO.
I also use gedit for HTML editing, but prefer not to run HTML Tidy through external tools, but rather through a dedicated plugin (http://www.eng.tau.ac.il/~atavory/gedit-plugins/html-tidy/). This allows running tidy to check stuff, and being able to click on the bottom pane to go directly to the error/warning. Also, if HTML Tidy is used to modify an existing file, and something is very botched, then it can simply erase the original contents entirely. As far as I understand, running it through external tools consequently necessitates output to a new document, which I personally find less convenient. Finally, as HTML Tidy modifies the document, the plugin tries to guess the change to the cursor position, and move the cursor to the correct place.
   Bye,

   Ami