[gedit-list] A New Symbol Browser Plugin

I have written a new symbol browser plugin (written in C) based on exuberant ctags. I currently have binary packages for Ubuntu i386 and Ubuntu AMD64. If anyone can provide me with others that would be awesome.

I know of 3 other similar plugins, however, I wanted to write a new one because:

1. I wanted to learn how to write a Gedit plugin. I spend the majority of my waking hours in gedit as a professional web developer. I want it to work as close as possible to what I want. This knowledge will serve me well. I also needed to beef up my GtkTreeView skills.

2. The other ones didn't quite suite my needs. I needed it to work on remote files and group symbols by type.

Although I have GTK+ and even a little GObject experience, this is my first Gedit plugin. Therefore, some bugs may exist or unconventional practices may be used. I would LOVE to have feedback so that I can get this as stable and usable as possible before starting on another gedit plugin.

Currently, the plugin features:

   * Supports 34 programming languages (based on ctags)
   * Symbols displayed in a tree grouped by symbol type
* Icons for symbols can be added for any symbol type ctags can parse (without re-compiling)
   * Works with local and remote files (SSH, FTP, etc.)
   * View symbols from active tab or from all opened documents
* Optionally show line number, programming language, and source file in the tree
   * Double-click a symbol to jump to it in the source code

Screenshots, binary packages, and source package are available from http://www.micahcarrick.com/11-14-2007/gedit-symbol-browser-plugin.html

For anyone who is interested, the other similar plugins are:

Class Browser: http://www.stambouliote.de/projects/gedit_plugins.html
FuncBrowser: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gedit-funcbrows/
Code Listing: http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/PluginCodeListing

--