[gedit-list] gtksourceview syntax checker or DTD etc?

Hi there

I have a project that bundles a .lang file that allows users to edit
some bespoke text files using gedit with syntax highlighting. Recently
with the release of gedit in Ubuntu 7.10, I noticed that gedit now uses
gtksourceview-2.0, and the syntax for .lang files have changed quite a bit.

I wonder if anyone can suggest any XML validators that could be used to
check the syntax of the .lang file I am working on, perhaps with the
addition of a DTD or XSD (iirc) file? Or perhaps there's a debug mode in
gedit that will give me some output about problems with .lang files?

Cheers
JP