Re: [gedit-list] pdflatex

On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 00:47 +0200, Steve Fr�naux wrote:
> Quick hack trick: you can add this line at the beginning of your script:
>
>   source ~/.bashrc

The PATH issue is still a mystery; Steve's trick did not work, at least
as I implemented it, but the external call works with the full path in
so there it goes for now. I have had some similar issues with TeXLive
under Ubuntu.

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 20:59 +0200, Paolo Borelli also wrote:
>well, if I recall correctly "pdflatex foo.tex" outputs a foo.pdf, so
>you probably want something like

>pdffile=`echo $GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME | sed 's/tex$/pdf'`
>evince "$pdffile"

>or similar (the above quick hack would obviously just work if your file
>has a .tex extension), but you get the idea

That sed 's is a handy tool! (Just had to close it out with a /) Thank
you for pointing me to it. The 'texing and viewing now work, perhaps I
can use sed to delete the .aux and .log files produced by latex?--I will
work on that.

Many thanks for your helps.

Pax,

John