Re: [gedit-list] Tag List question

Paolo Maggi wrote:
Hi,
	sorry for the very late reply.

I have tried versions with "\t" tab characters and "\n" and "\r" new line and carriage return characters but they do not seem to work. My question is: How do I include multi-line output in a Tag List tag?

Have you tried with XML entities?
Ihave not tried it, but I think using
 should work to add a new
line.
Paolo,

Once again you have proven to be a genius! Thanks for the tip. I have experimented and it works fine.

 is a line feed (so Google tells me) and produces a blank line between tag text

 is a carriage return and produces tag text on successive lines

Sample tag:

<gedit:Tag name="Abbreviated form">
<gedit:Begin>&lt;ABBR&gt;&#13;
This ought to be on the first line!&#13;
This is a (hopefully) a new line!&#13;
And this ought to be the third line!&#13;</gedit:Begin>
<gedit:End>&lt;/ABBR&gt;</gedit:End>
</gedit:Tag>

Output from the tag:

<ABBR>
This ought to be on the first line!
This is a (hopefully) a new line!
And this ought to be the third line!
</ABBR>

Very useful thank you.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter anderson internode on net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/ <http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/, ch. 6