[gedit-list] Tag List question

Colleagues,

I have just started to play around with gEdit Tag Lists. I would like to be able to build some personal Tag Lists so thought I would start with a Tag List to contain Tag List tags (if you know what I mean!).

The desired output from clicking on a "New tag" tag would be:

<gedit:Tag name="">
<gedit:Begin></gedit:Begin>
<gedit:End></gedit:End>
</gedit:Tag>

The marked-up Tag List 'code' that I have produced looks like this:

<gedit:Tag name="Test">
<gedit:Begin> &lt;gedit:Tag name=""&gt;
&lt;gedit:Begin&gt;&lt;/gedit:Begin&gt;</gedit:Begin>
<gedit:End> &lt;gedit:End&gt;&lt;/gedit:End&gt;
&lt;/gedit:Tag&gt;</gedit:End>
</gedit:Tag>

The output from clicking on the "New tag" tag looks like this:

<gedit:Tag name="">
<gedit:Begin></gedit:Begin> <gedit:End></gedit:End>
</gedit:Tag>

I have tried versions with "\t" tab characters and "\n" and "\r" new line and carriage return characters but they do not seem to work. My question is: How do I include multi-line output in a Tag List tag?

Any help will be gratefully received.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter anderson internode on net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/ <http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/, ch. 6