Re: [gedit-list] Clip Libraries

Paolo Borelli wrote:
On dom, 2007-06-03 at 23:03 +1000, Peter Anderson wrote:
Hi! I am new to this list and trying to make the switch from Windows to Linux (Ubuntu).

On Windows I have been using text editors like EditPlus2...

Hi Peter,

	actually gedit already has similar functionality: enable the "tag list"
plugin in the preference. An IMHO even nicer plugin is the "snippets"
plugin which allows to insert common code snippets in a very comfortable
way.

ciao
	Paolo

My question/request is - is this functionality available in gEdit? If not (as I suspect) can the developers look at adding this type of functionality to gEdit? Once you get used to this capability it is very hard to use a text editor that does not have it.
Paolo and others,

Thank you for your quick replies. I am pleased that gEdit has these features - it will make the switch much easier.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

E: peter anderson internode on net
W: http://www.users.on.net/~peter.anderson/ <http://www.users.on.net/%7Epeter.anderson/>
P: +61 (0)2 4472 2274
M: +61 (0)418 249 648

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The Prince/, ch. 6