Re: [gedit-list] Clip Libraries

Hi Peter,

As Paolo told and I reforce Snippets Plugin is way to do this.

You can go to:
http://live.gnome.org/Gedit/Plugins/Snippets
for more details,

I don't remember, but if you install gedt-plugins, the snippets  plugin is provided
in a terminal:
sudo apt-get install gedit-plugins

Cheers

On 6/3/07, Peter Anderson <peter anderson internode on net> wrote:
Hi! I am new to this list and trying to make the switch from Windows to
Linux (Ubuntu).

On Windows I have been using text editors like EditPlus2
(http://www.editplus.com/index.html ) and TextPad for many years. The
compelling reason to use these editors is their clip library feature.
Clip libraries allow you to define code snippets which are typically
viewed in a side panel. When clicked they insert to cliped text into the
editor at the current insertion point. The following two clips are from
my EditPlus HTML clip library:

#T=Paragraph

#T=Unordered List
<ul>
<li>^!</li>
<li></li>
</ul>

#T= is used for the clip title
^! leaves the cursor insertion point at this place after the clip has
been inserted

The first clip is a simple HTML paragraph tag pair. The second clip is a
multi-line HTML unordered list with two list items. Basically any text
can be added to a clip library document.

My question/request is - is this functionality available in gEdit? If
not (as I suspect) can the developers look at adding this type of
functionality to gEdit? Once you get used to this capability it is very
hard to use a text editor that does not have it.

Regards,
Peter
--

Peter Anderson

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to
conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the
introduction of a new order of things — Niccolo Machiavelli, /The
Prince/, ch. 6