Re: [gedit-list] pdflatex

On Sat, 2007-06-30 at 11:34 -0400, jkitz verizon net wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 21:42 +0200, Steve Fr�naux wrote:
> >
> > $ evince ${GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME%.tex}.pdf
>
> Yes, that is much more like the syntax I would expect from using other
> editors, thank you. Where should I have looked to find instruction?

This has nothing to do with gedit, it's just a bash syntax. Read the
bash manpage if you're interested in it.

> source ~/.bashrc
>
> did not work either even though I have the line
>
> PATH=/usr/local/texlive/2007/bin/i386-linux:$PATH; export PATH
>
> at the end of .bashrc

On ubuntu you have a first line in .bashrc that prevents it to continue
running when not in interactive mode:

> # If not running interactively, don't do anything
> [ -z "$PS1" ] && return

You should set your PATH *before* that statement and it should work
fine. Same applies for most env vars definition. But it's not related to
gedit either, it's a bash issue.