Re: [gedit-list] vigedit-12 released

On mer, 2007-01-17 at 11:45 +0100, chuchi wrote:
> Perhas, we may think in create an unique repository for all gedit
> plugins. Is it very difficult? Perhaps a folder in gnome subversion
> like this:
>
> gedit-plugins
>     - vigedit
>     - autocomplete
>     - etc.
>
> What do you think about?

There is already a gnome-plugins module in gnome svn which includes some
general use plugins. Some plugins definately belong there.

However I don't think we should try to put everything there: plugins are
by definition something eterogeneus: centralizing developement is not
going to work since:
 - it would require giving access to svn to a lot of people which may be
painful for sysadmins
 - it would require a lot of coordination among many people to make
releases etc
 - it would put a big workload on the maintainer shoulders since they
would be the bottleneck of all the plugins developers
 - it would force all plugin developers to use svn

So I think that every plugin developer is free to host his plugin where
he prefers. If he thinks that it makes sense, he may propose his plugin
for inclusion in gedit-plugins. If he wants to he can also apply for an
account on gnome svn and host the plugin there (for instance I would
love to see this happen for "big" plugins like the gedit-latex-plugin)

ciao
	Paolo