Re: [gedit-list] Snippets

Op donderdag 04-01-2007 om 15:56 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Chuchi
Perriman:
> Hi all!!
>
> Who are developed snippets plugin?? It's a perfect plugin!! All, idea,
> management, utility...

That would be me, so thanks :)

> I'm thinking to do a snippets library for GtkSourceView or, perhaps,
> for GtkTextView for anjuta IDE.
>
> My idea is:
>
>    Create snippets library libsnippetsxxx with a snippets-manager
> object that load the configuration and snippets and later add support
> to gtksourceviews and the snippets-manager catch signal for show the
> snippets when they click "control+space" or the configured keys.

We are thinking about implementing a more generic popup completion
window for gtksourceview (first implemented in gedit) so you would be
able to use that.

>    In the same library (or another), add an object
> snippets-manager-dialog that open the gtk dialog (Like in gedit) for
> add, remove etc snippets.

I think it would also be nice to add a parser for the snippets. One
problem with implementing it in C might be to properly support python
snippets (don't know if you want that).

>    I write to you because you are developed the perfect snippets
> plugin for me and i want to do almost the same in a C library.

It's probably a lot of work in C, so enjoy :) Please let us know about
your progress so we can backport any improvements you make on snippets.

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl