Re: [gedit-list] Switching of tabs with Ctrl+Tab and "internal recency list"

Some observations from a developer + gedit user (but
not a gedit developer):

* CTRL+TAB currently switches between 'panels' (not
sure of the correct term), such as the toolbar, the
sidepane, and the tabbed document. This is, I think, a
global Gnome shortcut, although it doesn't seem - to
me - to be implemented very well; there are several
shortcomings. Tab-switching would, therefore, have to
be implemented with a different shortcut ('super' +
TAB?)

* I share your view that switching between recent
tabs, much like switching between recent windows, is a
'must have'. Before I discovered the sidepane, gedit
was nigh on useless for the kind of development I do
(many files open at once).

* If the application weren't tabbed, this wouldn't be
a problem. What 'best-practice' documents exist for
Gnome's handling of tabs? Has there been a unified
decision that tabs are 'good', multiple windows are
'bad'? Is there any work in progress looking to
address the problems associated with multiple windows,
that have driven the usage of tabs?

- Bobby