Re: [gedit-list] User manual for gedit?

Il giorno gio, 26/04/2007 alle 12.19 -0500, Zehe, Michael J. (GRC-RTB0)
ha scritto:
> Dear gedit users/creators:
>         I keep hearing wonderful things about gedit, but I can't make
> it do some of the things I need, e.g. coloring open/close
> braces/parens so I can easily identify blocks of code.  The main web
> site for gedit says there's an online manual, but the only one I can
> find is exceedingly sparse.  Can anyone direct me where to go to get a
> manual for a user?

Hi Michael,

	which version of gedit do you have? Joachim did a wonderful work of
updating the user manual, so the manual in 2.18.X (accessible from the
help menu item) is pretty complete. If you miss something I am pretty
certain that Joachim would be happy to hear about that.

In this particular case you are totally right! It seems that that
preference slipped through the cracks and was omitted from the manual,
thanks for noticing that, we'll fix asap.

The preference is available through Edit->Preference on the View tab,
called Highlight Matching Brackets.

ciao