[gedit-list] User manual for gedit?

Title: User manual for gedit?

Dear gedit users/creators:
        I keep hearing wonderful things about gedit, but I can't make it do some of the things I need, e.g. coloring open/close braces/parens so I can easily identify blocks of code.  The main web site for gedit says there's an online manual, but the only one I can find is exceedingly sparse.  Can anyone direct me where to go to get a manual for a user?

I tried the help pick from the menu bar but no luck, and I wonder if an extensive manual even exists?  Thank you.

Michael J. Zehe
NASA Glenn R.C.
Cleveland, OH
(216) 433-5833