Re: [gedit-list] Installing gedit

Il giorno ven, 08/09/2006 alle 20.26 -0500, Joshua Pellowski ha scritto:
> I'm completely lost.  I downloaded it and extracted it, but there are
> so many folders and files, I don't know what to click to install it.
> Can you help with that?

Hi Joshua,

	you probably downloaded the the source tarball. To install from
sources, after having extracted it you need to open a terminal and run

./configure
make
and
make install (as root)

This however requires having a developement environment set up (a
compiler etc).

If you don't know anything about the above, I really suggest that you
simply use gedit as provided by your distribution. Nowadays gedit is
provided by all the main distributions and should be already installed
by default if you are using a gnome desktop.

ciao